By C.J. Shane
Topics coated are:
• how group schools healthy into the U.S. process of upper education
• the benefits of beginning your American schooling at a group college
• the stairs you need to wade through to check at an American group college
• key elements to contemplate whilst determining an American neighborhood university akin to move agreements
• the method of employing to and gaining front right into a neighborhood college
• the method of making use of for a U.S. visa together with required kinds
• the types wanted whilst arriving within the U.S. and passing via U.S. customs
• determining periods at your group collage and the way to sign in for these classes
• the best way to get aid enhancing your English-language skills
• fundamentals approximately dwelling in the USA, together with housing, transportation, and clinical care
• American tradition and the way to house tradition shock
• profiles of 7 American group faculties in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Texas
• observation via foreign scholars at the moment learning at American group colleges
Includes word list of phrases and index.
Read or Download American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide PDF
Best college & university education books
Compliment for Transformative Conversations "In the 'superstorm' of writings in regards to the trouble in greater schooling this little gem of a ebook stands proud like a mindfulness bell. It calls us again to the single factor that actually matters—the strength and knowledge buried within the minds and hearts of devoted educators.
Jam-packed with strategic instructions, functional recommendation and most sensible practices, this quantity can provide an outline of rising traits for the occupation prone occupation. scorching issues comprise: a mix of analysis, case reports, and private studies which are meant to stimulate a efficient discussion approximately occupation companies how occupation providers pros can be leaders in developing university-wide, cutting edge occupation courses and structures discussions of overview, collaboration with educational advising, exterior family members, and internationalization.
Co-Published with the Microsoft company" via case experiences of exact academics in real faculties basically in North the United States yet in different international locations besides, the publication presents compelling insights into the expansion and price of latest types of K-12 studying mediated by means of details and communique applied sciences (ICTs).
This publication discusses liberal arts schooling and liberal arts faculties within the context of East Asia, in particular targeting Japan, China and S. Korea the place it has turn into an rising factor in larger schooling lately. It first explores the advance, recommendations and demanding situations of liberal arts schooling and liberal arts faculties in East Asia.
- Teaching Inclusively in Higher Education
- Transforming Higher Education: Economy, Democracy, and the University
- Educational Opportunities in Abroad
- Universities, Disruptive Technologies, and Continuity in Higher Education: The Impact of Information Revolutions
- Echoes of Insight: Past Perspectives and the Future of Christian Higher Education
- Subtractive Schooling: U.S. - Mexican Youth and the Politics of Caring (SUNY series, The Social Context of Education)
Extra resources for American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide
American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide by C.J. Shane